Comments on the Unicode Codepoints and IDNA Internet-Draft

mail@edmon mail at edmon.info
Tue Jul 29 15:25:20 CEST 2008

Understood.

It is not impossible to envision them being conjoining though.  I am aware
of effort to make Chinese strokes and radicals conjoining such that new
characters can be formed.  New Chinese characters are being introduced as
you may understand, but currently, it is not possible to type them in. By
making strokes and radicals conjoin-able, it is a way to introduce new
characters.  Does that mean that if that happens the tables need to be
changed and these blocks allowed?

Anyway, coming back to the argument.  If that is the case, as a
clarification, is the argument really that:

Because these Jamo characters will conjoin to form a Hangul character, there
is no need to disallow them because a correctly implemented zone
registration system would effectively eliminate them.

Is that the way to understand the rationale for not making them disallowed
as proposed by the Korean experts?

Edmon