Rationale and updated issues list

Yoshiro YONEYA yone at jprs.co.jp
Mon Jul 28 20:24:23 CEST 2008

Dear John and all,

I think rationale issues list is good summary.  Among them, I think
R.23 and R.24 are issues dealing with variety of contexts, languages
and/or scripts, and TLDs.  And, the definitions of such mappings should
be defined and referred to by related entities who deals with IDNs.
Even though I admit the definitions reside outside of the protocol,
the protocol document should define appropriate repository for those
definitions as well as context registry, and make entities such as
application developers and registries to comply with them.

That is, protocol document should treat such definitions as its
complement.  Otherwise, without clear definition, application
developers and registries can't implement appropriate handling such as
mappings, which I think it will cause incompatibility with IDNA2003
eventually.

--
Yoshiro YONEYA <yone at jprs.co.jp>