Single-letter names (was: Re: Update of RFC 2606 based on therecent ICANN changes?)

Elisabeth Porteneuve elisabeth.porteneuve at cetp.ipsl.fr
Mon Jul 7 22:40:15 CEST 2008

Greetings,

I am not on the ietf list, but used to read it from archives once a week or
so.

--- archive message ---
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:25:28 +0100

> Alphabetic scripts such as Latin mostly represent sounds used
> to make up words. While one can certainly find some
> legitimate single-character words (such as the article "a" or
> the personal pronoun "i")

And lest someone might think that this curiosity of single
character words only applies to vowel sounds, in Russian,
the Cyrillic letter equivalents of v, k and s, are also
single letter words.
--- archive message ---

For the record, in Polish the single letters "w"(in, inside) "z"(with)
"u"(at) "i"(and) "o"(about) "e" "a" are all words.
The similar, i.e. single-character words, is true for other slavic
languages, Latin or Cyrillic scripts alike

Kind regards,
Elisabeth Porteneuve