IDN uses unicode because...

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Jul 9 02:37:46 CEST 2008

At 20:15 08/07/2008, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
>IDNA uses the Unicode character repertoire, for continuity
>with IDNA2003.
>
>That is more appropriate, IMO, in the rationale document,
>than allusions to April 1 RFC's or any statements, positive
>or negative about how one judges the status of Unicode as
>a standard.

Dear Kenneth,
your text is a better text for IDNAter (the pun is in French). When I
need to explain why IETF has a problem with IDNA, I use to give the
URL of RFC 5242. People understood why they may have a problem in
supporting every script and language of the world when they see they
cannot even spell the six ASCIIs of my name :-)
jfc