Tonus (was: Re: Casefolding Sigma (was: Re: IDNAbis Preprocessing Draft))

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Jan 31 12:37:17 CET 2008

At 12:26 +0100 2008-01-31, Patrik Fältström wrote:

>On 31 jan 2008, at 10.55, Vaggelis Segredakis wrote:
>
>>Should I start spelling my name as
>>ÉÝÉøÉ¡É¡¤ÉŠÉ‰É- instead of ÉÝÉøÉ¡É¡¤ÉŠÉ‰V which
>>is the correct spelling because some people had
>>problems designing a multilingual protocol for
>>computers?

A perfectly reasonable question.

>So, your issues have nothing to do with IDN and
>implementation of IDN, but design of the Unicode
>Character Set and I because of that ask you to
>direct your issues to the Unicode Consortium.

Aren't we all in this together, Patrik? Your
answer here seems dismissive and aggressive.
Whatever may be stored in the DNS, an
implementation of IDN may well need to display
Greek correctly and in a manner which meets
reasonable user expectations. None of us may put
our heads in the sand over this issue.