document on idn cctld names

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Sat Feb 16 20:16:41 CET 2008

On 14 feb 2008, at 01.15, Michel Suignard wrote:

> Related to that, there are some relevant items to IDNA update in the
> document, such as issues for Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Cyprus, etc...

I have asked a friend from Sri Lanka to have a look at this, and the
ZWJ issue. He is not ready with the thinking of the ZWJ/space thing,
but point out that you have written "Sri" not the way he would do it.
He said though when reading what you wrote, it produces the same sound.

He would start the word just with 0DC1, with the two combination
characters 0DD2 and 0DD4. That is the normal way of writing "Sri".

The question about the ZWJ/Space might still be there. He will come
back to me.

    Patrik