Implementation questions (digressing from...)

Erik van der Poel erikv at google.com
Thu Dec 25 17:44:33 CET 2008

Hi Patrik,

Maybe I misinterpreted Andrew's "middle of the protocol" phrase, but I
assumed his email was about moving the mappings all the way out to the
UI. I am pretty sure that we don't have universal agreement about
that. We may not even have perfect agreement about moving the mappings
out of the IDNA RFCs. As you may recall, Mark had concerns about that,
and Michel suggested a normative reference from IDNA to a document
about mappings.

Anyway, I agree with you that these are things that will be worked out
by the various parties (IETF, Unicode, W3C, WHATWG, implementers,
etc).

Erik