Implementation questions (digressing from...)

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Dec 25 09:31:08 CET 2008

25 dec 2008 kl. 03.03 skrev Erik van der Poel <erikv at google.com>:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> The problem is that we don't have universal agreement to pull mappings
> out of the middle of the protocol.

This is up to the wg chair to explain, but I strongly disagree with
this statement. There is strong consensus for removing mappings so
that A-label etc is more strictly defined.

What there is consensus on as well though is the fact we need protocol/
context dependent descriptions on how to implement mappings or
whatever that for example browser vendors ask for.

Mark has a strawman for http/HTML, but noone so far has really taken
on the task of writing one.

What I have seen that concerns me is an initiative in/by UTC to do
mappings when at the same time IETF has mapping as part of IETF
standards. That is though a detail that can and will be worked out
between the two organizations.

    Patrik