Stupid U-label question [correction]

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Wed Aug 20 23:26:48 CEST 2008

--On Wednesday, 20 August, 2008 16:59 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz at gmail.com> wrote:

> John C Klensin wrote:
>
>> But I didn't remove the simple "--" without replacing it with
>> something else.   So I don't understand what you think is the
>> issue here, other than than we always need to be careful about
>> out definitions.
>
> It was a "stupid question", not an "issue".  Please ignore
> this, unless you need a nice example for a remotely plausible
> bug in future IDNA200x implementations.

Frank,

Sorry if I overreacted, but I'm having a lot of trouble with
extended excursions into edge cases and plausible bugs when we
can't seem to focus the WG into real discussion on clear and
important open issues.   It is, indeed, a good example of why
the rules have to be carefully written and well understood.