Minutes from the IDN BOF at Philadelphia

Andrew Sullivan ajs at commandprompt.com
Fri Apr 4 15:45:51 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 11:32:56AM +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:
> Can you please make sure that the document is either ASCII only
> or (better!) that it be served with
> so that even browsers outside of the Latin-1 part of the world
> display it correctly without user intervention?

My apologies for this.  (Your message has led me to the strange
discovery that, if one uses the default encoding in Aquamacs Emacs
_even if called from a UTF-8 locale_, it picks something else.  I
never even thought to check this; I'm sorry for the confusion.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/