[R-C] Planning for Paris, and calling an urgent sync-up

Wesley Eddy wes at mti-systems.com
Tue Mar 6 01:41:27 CET 2012

On 3/5/2012 10:55 AM, Eggert, Lars wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2012, at 16:02, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>> Now that we've had a few days to think about this, I'm suggesting that we can send off this agenda proposal to the ICCRG chairs and/or the ICCRG mailing list. Does that sound good?
>
> Looks pretty ambitious to me in terms of topics for the given time. I wonder if it would make sense to drop the WG charter discussion? An IRTF meeting isn't really the ideal place to discuss chartering an IETF WG anyway.

Agreed.  I think beyond simply mentioning that there may be
a WG in the future, actual discussion of a charter would be
confusing and inappropriate for the IRTF ICCRG meeting.

Speaking for myself, I don't see the presentations in the
ICCRG as surrogates for a BoF; they're certainly a great place
to raise awareness, look for feedback, and recruit help, but
the BoF goals are somewhat different.

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems