[R-C] Planning for Paris, and calling an urgent sync-up

Varun Singh vsingh.ietf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:34:44 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 15:16, Harald Alvestrand <harald at alvestrand.no> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I put together a short agenda for our 1-hour slot in Paris here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/document/d/1vGWk3pu_w7NmSPHbcxZoUEgVb-4RquIkVF-iZ6787uM/edit
>
> Please request access as appropriate, and make comments there - on this
> thread. Text below.
>
> Since we're (by my count) missing 2 I-Ds, and the deadline for -00 drafts is
> the coming Monday, I think we need to sync up *soon* for making sure we all
> know who's doing what - I'll open a Google Hangout at 1900 CET TODAY
> (Thursday, March 1) (1000 Pacific, 1800 GMT) and see who is able to get in /
> attend. I'm free this evening, so if someone can do it a bit later, I can
> accomodate, but Friday is much harder - and Monday's too late for this.

I am available for this.

[Snip!]

> Things that need doing before the meeting
>
> Write a requirements document (March 7). Volunteer: XX

There is a minimal set for RTCWEB in:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-01#section-8

The discussion in the mails centered along those lines
(http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/rtp-congestion/2011-October/000027.html
onwards)

For the new WG do we need broader requirements covering different types
of use-cases (streaming, conversational, multiparty) and heterogeneous
environments (DSL, WLAN, Satellite, Mobile)?