[R-C] Planning for Paris, and calling an urgent sync-up

Harald Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Thu Mar 1 14:16:09 CET 2012

Hi folks,

I put together a short agenda for our 1-hour slot in Paris here:

https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/document/d/1vGWk3pu_w7NmSPHbcxZoUEgVb-4RquIkVF-iZ6787uM/edit

Please request access as appropriate, and make comments there - on this
thread. Text below.

Since we're (by my count) missing 2 I-Ds, and the deadline for -00
drafts is the coming Monday, I think we need to sync up *soon* for
making sure we all know who's doing what - I'll open a Google Hangout at
1900 CET TODAY (Thursday, March 1) (1000 Pacific, 1800 GMT) and see who
is able to get in / attend. I'm free this evening, so if someone can do
it a bit later, I can accomodate, but Friday is much harder - and
Monday's too late for this.

Sorry to rush things like this!

                          Harald

*IETF 83 - RTP Congestion Control agenda
Date, time: ICCRG meeting, one hour out of Tuesday 1520-1810
Topic chair: Harald Alvestrand (unless other volunteer found)

    * Introducttion: The RTCWEB effort, and the traffic we expect it to
      generate - XX (5 min)
          o Doc: draft-??-requirements-00
    * Nice behaviour for RTP-based services - Varun Singh, Colin Perkins
      (15 min)
          o Doc: draft-??-circuit-breakers-00
    * A delay based congestion control candidate - Stefan Holmer (15 min)
          o Doc: draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-congetstion-01
    * Feedback mechanisms that might be useful - Harald Alvestrand (5 min)
          o Doc: draft-alvestrand-rmcat-remb-00
    * A possible WG charter: RMCAT (15 min)
          o Doc: http://www.ietf.org/iesg/evaluation/rmcat-charter.txt
    * Summary, conclusions, next steps (5 min)

    Goals of session (priority order, please change)

   1. Stimulate interest in the work among people who know the area
   2. Gather feedback on requirements
   3. Gather feedback on the idea of delay-based algorithms: Caveats,
      tests needed
   4. Gather feedback on charter proposal

    Things that need doing before the meeting

    * Write a requirements document (March 7). Volunteer: XX
    * Write the circuit breakers document (March 7). Volunteers: Colin
      and Varun
    * More?

*