[R-C] BoF approved

John Leslie john at jlc.net
Wed Jul 25 18:32:52 CEST 2012

Michael Welzl <michawe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> I think that we all want to work with RTP itself.
> Actually it was me who started with that all-over-SCTP idea, and I did
> that in thinking that the scope would be for rtcweb and nothing but
> rtcweb.
>
> I now understand that the scope can be broader than that, and would
> like to see it broader, just like pretty much everyone else, it seems
> to me.
> Because of that, I would like to undo my all-over-SCTP proposal back.
> I think it's a bad idea because it limits everything we do to the
> rtcweb scope alone.
>
> I believe that we probably have consensus about that. Does anyone
> disagree?

   I don't really want to disagree (yet, anyway), but there were benefits
that came from your coordinated-SCTP-congestion-control paradigm; and
I'd rather not let those go right yet.

   I'm optimistic that the Saturday IAB workshop will enlighten us on
how to think about these problems...

--
John Leslie <john at jlc.net>