[R-C] BoF approved

Zaheduzzaman Sarker zaheduzzaman.sarker at ericsson.com
Wed Jul 18 12:45:34 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-09 05:13, Mo Zanaty (mzanaty) wrote:
> John Leslie <john at jlc.net> wrote:
>> RTP-congestion work is NOT limited to RTCWEB. Please recall our BoF
>> is called "RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques".
>
> Is there consensus on this first critical point?
>
> 1. Some folks are using RTP and RTCWEB interchangeably.
disagree. They should not really.
> 2. Some folks are assuming the work is limited to new protocols only (like maybe RTCWEB and CLUE), as evidenced by proposals to consider SCTP.
Of course,this work includes RTCWEB and CLUE but not limited to those.
> 3. Some folks are assuming all RTP applications are in scope.
Not all RTP applications are included. I think the updated WG charter
(https://sites.google.com/a/alvestrand.com/rtp-congestion/bof-planning-page/wg-charter---input-to-vancouver)
clearly excludes some.
> 4. Some folks are assuming interoperability with existing RTP applications are also in scope.
It cannot be expected that any new Congestion Corntrol (CC) feedback
from an application implementing an upcoming RTP congestion control WG
specs can be understood by existing RTP application. It also cannot be
expected that non-standard CC feedback from existing RTP applications
are understood by upcoming WG specs compliant applications. The only
thing that can be expected is that the upcoming WG solution have
fallback mechanism to work with existing RTP application using standard
mechanism such as RTCP SR/RR. The upcoming WG solution should also
consider that fact that there could be application out in the Internet
which falls in to real-time interactive category but does not adapt at all.

> I disagree with 1+2.
> Does anyone disagree with 3+4?
>
> Mo

BR