[R-C] Charter update

Bob Briscoe bob.briscoe at bt.com
Mon Aug 13 16:03:30 CEST 2012

Michael,

A few suggestions for minor changes, but otherwise, no big objections:

s/• Reasonable share of bandwidth when competing
with RMCAT traffic, other real-time media
protocols, and ideally also TCP and other protocols/
  /• Reasonable share of bandwidth when competing
with RMCAT traffic, other real-time media
protocols, TCP and other congestion control
protocols. A 'reasonable share' means that no
flow has a significantly negative impact
[RFC5033] on other flows and at minimum that no flow starves./

s/The work will be guided by the advice laid out
in RFC 5405 (UDP usage guidelines) and RFC 2914
(congestion control principles)./
  /The work will be guided by the advice laid out
in RFC 5405 (UDP usage guidelines), RFC 2914
(congestion control principles), and RFC5033
(Specifying New Congestion Control Algorithms)./

s/The following topics are out of scope:/
  /The following topics are out of scope of this
working group, on the assumption that work on them will proceed elsewhere:/

Bob