[R-C] Charter

Matt Mathis mattmathis at google.com
Tue Aug 7 23:40:45 CEST 2012

Although I like the seeming simplicity of "congestion avoidance", that
precise pair of words is used to refer to the +1 per RTT behavior of
TCP during the AIMD sawtooth.    How about just "avoid congestion",
which has a similar sense but is less specific and unlikely to cause
any confusion.

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay