[R-C] Timely reaction time (Re: Comments on draft-alvestrand-rtcweb-congestion-01)

Matt Mathis mattmathis at google.com
Wed Apr 18 21:21:20 CEST 2012

Let me second Harald's point by making an observation:   Your
(Michael's) solution has two subtasks: proper real time Congestion
Control for a single flow and multiplexing multiple playload types
onto a single flow.

The short term agenda here is the first problem: proper real time CC
for a single flow.

There is (probably) 100% agreement that we need some solution to the
2nd problem (or at least some similar problem).

But most of us do not want to put solving the second problem in the
critical path for the first problem, which is essentially orthogonal.

Note that the first problem might be concurrently solved and tested
for both SRTP and RRTCC, since we all believe the algorithm might be
implemented in either.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay