[R-C] Question about the problem with TFRC

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Tue Apr 17 09:16:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

I noticed that TFRC is, well, unpopular here. I understand the reasons,
in particular the group's desire to minimize buffering. So I'm not
making a proposal here, just asking a question out of academic
curiosity: is this just handwaving and assumptions, or have some people
given it a try and found that it doesn't work well? Are there any
documented results showing that?

I think someone posted earlier on that there were poor experiences with
TFRC; I'm just interested in more details about that. Again, I'm not
proposing anything here, just interested for my own research.

Cheers,
Michael