[RTW] Name of group: RTCWEB or voting?

Dan York dyork at voxeo.com
Thu Feb 17 15:44:34 CET 2011

Harald,

I think "RTCWEB" works perfectly fine and, like you said, has already been what this group has been referred to in other conversations.

My 2 cents,
Dan

On Feb 17, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> It seems that most people have been comfortable with referring to this effort as RTCWEB. That's also the name we got our BOF approved under.
>
> Our current charter draft at http://rtc-web.alvestrand.com/ietf-activity has a kitchen-sink list of possible names; we could in theory hold a straw poll on the list, ask everyone to rank their preferred opinion, do a Condorcet-method ranking exercise on the result, and hope that we don't end up with a preference loop... but it might be simpler to just declare consensus and leave it as-is.
>
> If Ted, Cullen and I don't hear a groundswell of opinion that we need to run a straw poll exercise, we'll just leave it as RTCWEB, and remove the alternatives.
>
> Seems OK?
>
>               Harald

Dan York, Director of Conversations
Voxeo Corporation   http://www.voxeo.com  dyork at voxeo.com
Phone: +1-407-455-5859    Skype: danyork

Join the Voxeo conversation:
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/voxeo  http://twitter.com/danyork
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/voxeo