[RTW] Name of group: RTCWEB or voting?

Harald Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Thu Feb 17 15:18:33 CET 2011

It seems that most people have been comfortable with referring to this
effort as RTCWEB. That's also the name we got our BOF approved under.

Our current charter draft at http://rtc-web.alvestrand.com/ietf-activity
has a kitchen-sink list of possible names; we could in theory hold a
straw poll on the list, ask everyone to rank their preferred opinion, do
a Condorcet-method ranking exercise on the result, and hope that we
don't end up with a preference loop... but it might be simpler to just
declare consensus and leave it as-is.

If Ted, Cullen and I don't hear a groundswell of opinion that we need to
run a straw poll exercise, we'll just leave it as RTCWEB, and remove the
alternatives.

Seems OK?

                Harald