[RTW] IETF drafts

Stefan Håkansson LK stefan.lk.hakansson at ericsson.com
Fri Nov 19 11:27:22 CET 2010

I've quickly browsed the two drafts (draft-alvestrand-dispatch-rtcweb-protocols [1] and draft-alvestrand-dispatch-rtcweb-datagram [2]) published under dispatch. They are a good start, but I have some initial comments:

1. The use of the terms Session and Channel defined in [2] is not 100% clear. In addition, the term Connection is frequently used in [1] and [2] but not defined. This should be clarified.

2. It should be clarified that each Channel is using a unique port (i.e. is not multiplexed)

3. The API must not only support the selection (based on a negotiation) of media format, in order to make it possible to have a meaningful negotiation it must also support query of the supported media formats

4. It should be mentioned that the voice and video streams must have some basic rate control applied so that they do not starve other traffic

5. The statements on echo control and voice level in Section 8 of [1] are very vague. Maybe something like: "Echo cancellation should be provided to avoid disturbing echo during conversation" and "The level of the speaking voice should be configurable to a desired level" would be better?

More input will come!

Br,
Stefan