[RTW] [dispatch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-alvestrand-dispatch-rtcweb-protocols-00

Gerard Fernando gerardmxf at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 01:09:49 CET 2010

I also feel that it's not appropriate to choose VP8 as a mandatory codec. It
makes sense to limit any mandatory codecs to standards.

If VP8 does need to be standardized, the IETF CODEC WG comes to my mind as a
possible place to carry out such a standard - I do understand that this WG is
currently only focused on audio. I suppose the charter could be changed to
include video. One advantage of this WG is that it aims to deliver a
royalty-free spec.

There's also a Call-for-Evidence put out by ISO/MPEG with the aim of starting a
royalty-free codec development activity.

Regards

Gerard Fernando