[RTW] [dispatch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-alvestrand-dispatch-rtcweb-protocols-00

Bernard Aboba bernard_aboba at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 07:18:20 CET 2010

It does appear presumptive to suggest that a codec that hasn't completed a standardization process be made "mandatory to implement."

Since there have been some large judgments over use of
allegedly "free" codecs, the lesson is that codecs that are claimed to
be "free of encumbrance" may in time be discovered not to be.  The IETF process can potentially be useful in helping to clarify the IPR status of codecs.  However, those wheels grind slowly.