[RTW] Status update, organizational

Robin Berjon robin at robineko.com
Thu Dec 2 20:11:23 CET 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 19:35 , David Singer wrote:
> If we can envisage a separate specification, and be clear about it, and when it will deliver, and so on, then we could go straight to the WG, for sure.

Right. My concern with starting with an IG is that I think that people here have a reasonably good idea of what they want to do (I think), so it has a risk of largely being make-work (or worse, scope creep :).

> I would expect changes to (maybe) HTML, perhaps CSS, scripting/DOM, Device Access...

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if this needs a new group, or if it would work well inside DAP (or a re-engineered DAP) given that it already handles AV device access and has a very similar topic on its charter already. I wonder if anyone else here has an opinion?

> you're a W3C old-hand.  do you think we could get a WG charter defined and approved, and if so, want to try drafting it?

Dom's already on it — that's why I'm asking these questions, any answer is useful input.

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards