sort of an interesting larger question [Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-problem-process-00.txt]

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri May 16 18:27:04 CEST 2003

Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> This raises sort of an interesting larger question...  We have current
> efforts underway regarding our IPR policy (ipr WG) and our Nomcom
> process (nomcom WG).  To what extent should the agreements of those
> groups be binding on the outcome of this WG?  How would conflicts
> between the outcomes of those WGs and the recommendations of the
> improve WG be handled?

I think improve should be excluded by charter from changing the IPR and
Nomcom results for some period of time (at least a year). It would be
foolish to have spent a lot of effort on those two topics and then not
even take the time needed to see if the next documents actually fix the
known problems in the old ones.

   Brian