Registration of media type application/calendar+xml

Cyrus Daboo cyrus at daboo.name
Fri Sep 10 15:50:47 CEST 2010

Hi Julian,

--On September 10, 2010 12:11:27 PM +0200 Julian Reschke
<julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>> If your programmer is spending 70% of his coding time dealing with a
>> presentation layer, even one as convoluted as iCalendar, you should fire
>> him. It's not like regular expression parsers are hard to come by these
>> days. Nor are libraries that can parse standard formats hard to come by.
>
> Can iCalendar be parsed reliably with regexps? (just asking).

The Python vobject library that we use in our CalDAV server
(http://calendarserver.org) does use regular expressions for parsing entire
lines (after applying line "unfolding" of the overall text object), and
then parsing out pieces of those. That is used for both iCalendar and vCard.

--
Cyrus Daboo