New Version Notification for draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-03

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Wed Sep 30 12:27:13 CEST 2009

Le 30-sept.-09 à 11:50, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :

>> None of these should be called text, that's pretty clear for the
>> ideal
>> world or?
>
> To me they all seem text-based formats. As opposed to say JPEG.

I suppose you're right for me and you and the whole audience of this
mailing-list.
I also know people that read PostScript or PDF, maybe not you and me,
but it's also text.
And I used to be fit to input hexadecimal code of assembler-code
(composed as bits in my head)... and maybe a clever guy can actually
read JPEG.

To me the text family means, it can make sense to show it as text to
the user.
HTML, JavaScript, and CSS all fail for normal users. And it's not
surprising there are exceptions.

paul