Registration of media type application/xtm+xml

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Thu Nov 19 16:30:07 CET 2009

* Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
>Assuming that the appropriate form for such a media type registration
>would be an RFC-style document I wrote one up using the xml2rfc syntax
>and published it here:
>
>  http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/xtm-rfc.html

An RFC would be the proper form; an alternative would have been for ISO
to include the registration information in the relevant ISO standard.
Note that you have to publish the document as Internet-Draft before the
IESG will consider it for publication as RFC.

>   *Applications which use this media type:* XTM is device-, platform-,
>   and vendor-neutral and is supported by a range of applications and
>   web services.

This should rather describe the general categories of applications,
like, say, computer aided drawing programs, web browsers, and so on.

>   *For further information:* contact the editors, Lars Marius Garshol
>   <larsga at garshol.priv.no> and Graham Moore
>   <graham.moore at networkedplanet.com>, or ISO SC34.  More information
>   may be found on the website of ISO SC34 WG3:
>   <http://www.isotopicmaps.org>.

Following the template in RFC 4288 this should be "Person & email
address to contact for further information".

>   *Author/Change controller:* The XTM standard was produced by ISO
>   SC34, which has change control over the standard.

This should probably be "The IESG." as it concerns the definition of
the media type, not the underlying data format. If ISO wishes to get
change control over the type, they are welcome to talk to the IESG.
Similarily, the authors would be the authors of the registration.