Registration of media type image/vnd.radiance

R Fritz rfritz at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 5 19:15:47 CET 2009

Maybe vnd.radiance.hdr, then?  LBL isn't in charge any more; Radiance
has been open source for years, and is developed by a loosely
organized group overseen by Greg Ward.  I'd love to do image/radiance,
but aren't unqualified subtypes reserved for official standards bodies?

>> Applications that use this media type: Adobe Photoshop, AHDRIA,
>> AHDRIC, CinePaint, FDRTools, hdrgen, HDR Shop, PFStools,
>> Photosphere, Qtpfsgui, RadDisplay, Radiance, Web HDR
>
> So these tools currently use image/vnd.radiance?

Yes.  Radiance format was the first HDR image format, and because of
its history has been quietly adopted by applications which support HDR.

Randolph