Review requested: audio/atrac3 media type registration

actech actech at jp.sony.com
Wed Feb 27 08:29:30 CET 2008

Hi Mark,

We think it is very useful that the all of decoding parameters
are available before decoding, without any parsing of payload data.
For example, if the receiver has only 48000Hz D/A clock, the
receiver can activate sampling rate converter before 44100Hz decoding,
or send back decoder capability(refusal of 44100Hz streaming) to
sender side in SDP offer-answer exchange.

In addition, we made a discuss with AVT chair that also ATRAC3
media type registration should have a bit-rate parameter
even if it can be only 44100, considering the consistency
that ATRAC-X and ATRAC Advanced Lossless media type have
bit-rate parameter.

Best Regards,

Jun