Review requested: audio/atrac3 media type registration

Mark Baker distobj at acm.org
Wed Feb 27 05:43:30 CET 2008

On 2/26/08, actech <actech at jp.sony.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>  In ATRAC receiver side, it is required to know sampling frequency, bit-rate and
>  channel configuration in order to switch and initialize the decoder and
>  associated hardware for immediate starting of ATRAC3, ATRAC-X or ATRAC Advanced
>  Lossless decoding.
>
>  We think it is the best way to signal above parameters in SDP session with
>  media type registarion procedure.

Hi Jun.  I suppose that answers my question about a recipient being
able to determine those parameters from the data itself, but I'm still
not clear why a parameter is marked as required when it can only have
a single value.  Is it perhaps because other values may be supported
in the future?  Some other reason?

Mark.