Request for reviewing audio, vidoe, text/rtp-enc-aescm128

Magnus Westerlund magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com
Tue May 23 09:08:34 CEST 2006

Hi Cullen,

Please review the 3GPP specification. That contain examples and the
whole solution specification. But in short. The indication of the
protected payload format is indicated using the OPT variable of this
type. Thus if you have two real payload types carrying media you need
two of these, one for each of the unprotected payloads. That way you can
recover them.

The main difference between this and SRTP is the following. It allows
for pre-encryption at the content issuer, rather than being encrypted at
the content provider (media server). Thus the back-end handling of the
media is protected. Please remember that this is an DRM solution. In
fact the 3GPP spec says that SRTP is used for integrity protection of
the content.

Cheers

Magnus

S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund at ericsson.com