Request preliminary check of 8 personal media types

Mark Baker distobj at acm.org
Thu May 18 15:33:24 CEST 2006

The general approach looks fine, but there's less information there
than would typically be available in the registration template.

I'm not concerned about "+blorb".  Somehow I don't anticipate there
being much contention for that label in the future. 8-)

The use of "version" parameters is often problematic though;
historically, those kinds of parameters aren't used.  Do the different
versions of the Z machine have, say, different magic numbers or are
otherwise distinguishable?  Can you provide any version to a typical
processor and it will just work?  If not, you might consider separate
media types.

The use of "t3vm" as a separate facet in the personal tree is
unconventional, and might be better suited to the vendor tree.  Minor
issue though IMO, since AFAIK, there's no semantic difference between
them.

Mark.