Request preliminary check of 8 personal media types

Damian Dollahite master.ryukage at gmail.com
Wed May 3 22:04:09 CEST 2006

I would like to request a preliminary check of 8 media types collected
in this document:

http://purl.org/int-fiction/ifmi/documents/mediatypes/

This document is not a registration form or specification, rather it is
a discussion of issues that need to be addressed so that these formats
can be registered.  It does include examples of how the registration
forms might be filled out, however.

Currently, these file formats are being transferred using "x-" prefixed
types; I'm fairly certain that none of the controllers are aware that
the prs. tree is open to everyone, or else they just assume that
registration will involve too much paperwork to bother with.  I plan to
contact them and present them with this document, as well as
volunteering to handle the paperwork for them.

Once I've discussed these types with the format controllers, I'll submit
them for another review before proceeding with registration; at this
point all I need is a quick look-over to make sure I won't be giving the
format controllers bad advice.  The thing that especially concerns me is
my use of a "+blorb" suffix on some of the types.  I realize "+"
suffixes are discouraged, but something of that nature is needed to
allow correct dispatch of Blorb files.  If "+blorb" is simply not
appropriate, I'd appreciate suggestions on how else to solve the
problem; I do not believe a "." or "-" facet is semantically correct here.

Thank you,

    M.D. Dollahite