Community Review & IESG Approval of Media Type for OEBPS package standard

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Sat Apr 29 19:54:25 CEST 2006

* Nick Bogaty wrote:
>What we are looking to do is to formally register a MIME Type for this
>package file in the standards tree.  Specifically, we are seeking to
>register the following MIME Type for the OEBPS package:
>"application/oebps-package+xml".

Per RFC 4288 section 4.10:

   As stated previously, standards tree registrations for media types
   defined in documents produced by other standards bodies MUST be
   described by a formal standards specification produced by that body.
   Such specifications MUST contain an appropriate media type
   registration template taken from Section 10.

I could not find this template in the specification or elsewhere, do you
have a pointer?