application/xml+rpc

Mario Salzer mario at erphesfurt.de
Sat Jan 17 22:31:37 CET 2004

> In the application/rpc+xml RFC, it would be good to review rpc+xml
> against BCP 70, RFC 3470 ("Guidelines for use of XML within IETF
> protocols") and note differences, if any, from the guidelines
> given therein.

Thanks for the pointer, it gives an interesting reading; likewise
the "Canonical XML" in 3076. And there may be various restrictions
to add for XML-RPC.

> In cases where XML-RPC doesn't fit those guidelines, it would
> help others designing XML-based protocols to know the reasons,
> for example.

Should the final RFC be _talkative_ about why any XML restrictions
or differences to other recommendations were demanded? - I've rarely
seen any ", because" explanations in RFCs.

mario