Record for Spanglish variant

Avram Lyon ajlyon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:25:21 CET 2017

> I seem to recall a proposal that, below the "official" part, had a casual
comment to the effect that it is left to the judgment of the tagger whether
to use the "en" or "es" prefix, depending on the "dominant" language.

When I was doing linguistics work, the relevant term was the matrix
language ("dominant") and the "embedded" language (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code-switching#Matrix_language-frame_model,
but also in the literature). In the case of tagging, I believe we are
recommending that the prefix be the matrix language of the material being
tagged.