"Fransin" simplified orthography for French

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Feb 13 15:48:28 CET 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>
wrote:

But it is not even consistent. It uses "é" for both "é" and "è" (which
> have very different pronunciations in french) and it uses either "un"
> or "in" for the same sound ("pain", "commun"...)

Ignorance is everywhere.  One scheme for English spelling reform involves
eliminating the written distinction between "those" and "doze".  It was no
surprise to me to find out that the inventor is a native New Yorker in his
60s or older, a group which does not make this distinction.  Oddly, he was
willing to preserve the (much more important) distinction between "thin"
and "tin", which he probably doesn't personally make either.

Half the lies they tell about me are true.
        --Tallulah Bankhead, American actress