request for subtag for Elfdalian

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Mon Mar 7 14:32:34 CET 2016

Den 2016-03-07 12:12, skrev "Kent Karlsson" <kent.karlsson14 at telia.com>:

> Aside 2: Many immigrant languages have vastly many more users in Sweden
than
> any of the existing official minority languages.

Add: apart from Finnish. However, Finnish immigrants generally speak Swedish
also, already before coming to Sweden. (In Finland, that is not the case
though.)

> You frequently
> find
information in Arabic, Persian, Somali, etc. None of which has the
> status
as official minority language.

I sent the message a bit too early... But what I wanted to emphasise was
that having a language code is not what pushes status as an official
minority language, even though there are many people using a particular
language in Sweden, even when they are getting (some) official information
in that language. (And I'm uncertain about whether Lule and Ume Sami are
covered law.)

/Kent K