Proposed records and registration forms for EZ and UN

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Jun 29 00:37:27 CEST 2016

Because we must, here are proposed records and registration forms for
region subtags EZ ("Eurozone") and UN ("United Nations").

I would be most appreciative if someone could hunt down the dates these
two ISO 3166 exceptionally reserved code elements were approved.
Specifying an actual date on the registration form would be much nicer
than saying "at some point during 2014 or 2015."

I'm also aware that ISO 3166/MA doesn't consider exceptionally reserved
code elements part of the standard, so if anyone prefers wording other
than "tracks a change made to ISO 3166-1," I'm open to suggestions.

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2016-xx-xx
%%
Type: region
Subtag: EZ
Added: 2016-xx-xx
%%

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

Type: region
Subtag: EZ

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

This registration tracks a change made to ISO 3166-1 at some point
during 2014 or 2015, adding 'EZ' for "Eurozone" as an exceptionally
reserved code element: "Refers to European OTC derivatives and reserved
at the request of ISO 6166/RA, Securities - International securities
identification numbering system (ISIN)."

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2016-xx-xx
%%
Type: region
Subtag: UN
Added: 2016-xx-xx
%%

---

2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

Type: region
Subtag: UN

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

This registration tracks a change made to ISO 3166-1 at some point
during 2014 or 2015, adding 'UN' for "United Nations" as an
exceptionally reserved code element: "Refers to the United Nations and
reserved by the ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency."