request for subtag for Elfdalian

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Thu Feb 18 20:17:19 CET 2016

> simply because we've never done so before

I agree that that alone is not an issue. However, the reasons for rejection
need to be clearly understood. The registration of language subtags should
be a last recourse, reserved for cases where the proposed subtag is not a
"normal" language in the sense used in ISO, or where ISO is very clearly
wrong in not encoding it.

> or because current implementations might be unable to handle it

We don't live in an ivory tower. Whether implementations would break should
always be a factor to consider.

Mark