Spanglish

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Thu Dec 22 10:05:05 CET 2016

The T mechanism isn't intended to be a kitchen-sink extension. The much
more general mechanism is the U one, which by now has a variety of
different settings. The initial focus for the T was on more classic
transforms, such as transliteration, so much of the discussion and examples
were centered around that. The scope will always be limited by the the goal
to have a source locale that influences in some way a target locale — much
more constrained than the U extension — but there was no intent to limit
the scope to be overly narrow.

Here's the ticket, and comments are welcome:
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/9956. Because of the winter holidays,
the CLDR committee will not take this up before January.

Mark