Appeal to ISO 639 RA in support of Elfdalian

Luc Pardon lucp at skopos.be
Tue Apr 26 09:48:25 CEST 2016

On 26-04-16 00:36, Peter Constable wrote:
> I'm just trying to provide creative solutions out of a stalemate.

   "Creative" is indeed the appropriate wording.

> I won't be the one impacted if Elfdalian is never coded in ISO 639-3, or never well supported in implementations that expect only 639-1/-2/-3 subtags.

   The only ones impacted would be the vendors of those applications, as
they would have to fix the bug in their software.

   Also, if I were in charge there, I would fire the programmer who was
paid to implement an RFC and never even bothered to read it.

   And if the vendor refuses to fix it, I'm sure the users of Elfdalian
can find alternatives.

   Luc