Language Subtag Registration

Phillips, Addison addison at lab126.com
Fri Oct 30 17:15:02 CET 2015

Yes. And similarly, eliminating the prefix to allow additional tagging choices, many/most of which will be unwise, is not necessarily a reason not to do it. Unwise-yet-valid tagging choices exist all over (tlh-Cyrl-AQ). On the other hand, this list has historically been reluctant to create "general purpose" variants because the meaning tends to be much more tenuous the less specific the subtag becomes.