Apostrophes (was: Re: ISO 639-3 changes)

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun Feb 1 17:13:17 CET 2015

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> N'Ko already has an alternative Description field that differs only
> by apostrophe type. It doesn't have click letters. We have no reason
> to mess with it here.

Okay, good.  You said something which I interpreted as writing all
language names that contain apostrophes using the modifier letter,
and I noted that this was wrong for N'Ko, which should (continue to)
use the regular curly apostrophe in its non-ASCII version.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
                I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin