Updated forms for 'colb1945'

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Apr 8 00:58:11 CEST 2015

João Miguel Neves <joao at silvaneves dot org> wrote:

> I think the prefix should be just pt. This orthography is used on all
> Portuguese speaking countries. The agreement was between Portugal and
> Brazil at a time where other current Portuguese speaking countries
> were officially part of Portugal (and as such part of this agreement).

For what it's worth, I agree.

That is, I believe *all* of the Portuguese orthographic variant subtags
should have just "pt" as their Prefix. It doesn't make any difference
whether this or that government formally ratified any of the reforms.
What matters is whether writers of Portuguese, in whatever country,
actually use (or used) the indicated spelling conventions.

However, this point should be particularly uncontroversial for
'colb1945', for the reason João gave.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸