ISO 639-3 changes: batch 2

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Wed Feb 12 14:40:14 CET 2014

> %%
> Type: language
> Subtag: sap
> Deprecated: 2014-xx-xx
> Comments: see aqt, spn
> %%
> ---
> LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

> This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
> 2014-02-03, splitting the code element 'sap' for Sanapaná into two new
> code elements, 'aqt' (Angaité) and 'spn' (a new identifier for
> Sanapaná proper).
---
> %%
> Type: language
> Subtag: spn
> Added: 2014-xx-xx
> %%
---

Well, that is confusing. And the "Sanapaná proper" in the registration
forms (only) is not much help. Yes, I see the "Comments: see aqt, spn";
it is still confusing. Changing the description of the deprecated tag to
"Sanapaná/Angaité" or rather have two description fields (adding one for
Angaité) for the deprecated code (sap) might help.

    /Kent K