Unifon script?

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 2 03:12:45 CEST 2013

On the contrary, I was suggesting that if LSTR included fields to tell us that a tag that has 'fonipa' or 'fonupa' implies Latin script (a bit like the suppress-script field in terms of its semantic implications, but for variants), then I think that would be helpful.

If I see "en-fonipa", then the 'en' subtag has the suppress-script field that tells me that 'Latn' can be assumed. But if I see "huy-fonipa", nothing in the LSTR tells me that. Yet that would be an equally appropriate assumption.

Peter