gender voice variants

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:37:41 CET 2012

Yet there is no such thing as "gender
speech/mode" for the *text* as a whole, in East
Slavonics at least. You can't take a text and
ascribe any kind of a mode depending on an
actor/recipient combination. Inflections do not
determine styles. An arbitrary phrase may
contain a noun/pronoun in a form of phem. genus,
and still not belong to a separate "mode/gender".

I'm native Russian/Belarusian speaker, for what
it's worth.

-Yury